This isn't her Halloween costume. Liz's school spent October learning about other countries. They decided not to celebrate Halloween, but to have the kids come dressed from another country on that Friday. We decided on Holland, mainly because my sister already had this dress. (thanks Annaleise for letting us borrow it) However, it was a little short, and since there was 4" of snow on the ground, we added pants to help keep her warm.
Brad and I don't really get into this holiday, but lucky for us, his office does. They always have a family party, and make us all dress up. This happened on Friday. (so in a matter of hours, Liz was in 2 different costumes.) Since he has worked there for a few years now, I'm starting to run out of ideas on how to dress up.

Liz went as a dog (my Mom made the costume), Brad was a traveling Salesman, and I went as myself (a housewife). I started off with curlers in my hair, but since I only had about 5 min to get Liz and myself ready, it took about that long before the curlers came out once I made it to his office. After the party, it was decided that we needed to add a little more to Liz's costume before the next night. Here is how she looked for our ward's Trunk or Treat.
Overall, it was pretty fun, but I have to say, I'm glad that it is only once a year!
I'm terrible at coming up with costume, we totally used hand-me-downs, do what ya gotta do, lol :) Ya-all looked cute :)
ReplyDeleteYour costumes turned out great! I love Halloween, I love dressing up!! Next time google costume ideas. You can find some really easy ones to come with from stuff you already have. That might help you since you are fresh out of ideas for next year! lol
ReplyDelete