Many of you know that I am currently working on my degree from Southern Utah University. Recently, SUU started a new program for their students, Education Designed to give Students Experience, or EDGE. They want their students to gain experience outside of the typical college classroom. There are many ways to complete this project. For mine, I choose to work with the Community Center, which mainly focuses on service projects. Next I had to create a project I could do.
Some of you may know that my grandma was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2010, and is now in remission. I was talking to her while I was trying to decide on a project to do. She remembered that at the cancer treatment center she went to, they had blankets there for the patients to use. There was also someone that was making hats and donating them for the patients. Since I enjoy craft, I decided that this was a project I could be excited about. I also knew I wanted to do this because it is for a cause that is important to me.
I started the project at the beginning of the summer. I went shopping and found that the fleece was on sale so I was able to make more blankets than I had planned on. I became a little discouraged because making the hats took a lot longer for me to do than I expected so I didn't make as many as I would have liked. I reached my deadline so I decided just to donate what I had finished. I ended up with 15 hats and 10 blankets. When I took the donation to the cancer center, I learned that they give a blanket to each new patient. I was glad that I was able to make more blankets than I planned on. I thought I would share some pictures of the final results.
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment