Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

We had a pretty good conference weekend. We stayed home for the Saturday Morning Session, then got together with the whole family (except Jake and Melinda, of course) at Emily's apartment for the Saturday Afternoon and Priesthood Sessions. Then on Sunday, we woke up to a couple of inches of snow and watched the Sunday Sessions at home.

Conference was great! President Monson always makes me laugh, and President Eyring joked around a little in the Priesthood Session too. I love the jokes he made about the sailor who blessed the sacrament and his two neighbors who went to prison.

I love how President Packer is always so direct. In the Saturday Afternoon Session, he said, "...the Lord's standard of morality commands that the sacred powers to beget life be protected and employed only between man and woman, husband and wife. To misuse this power is exceeded in seriousness only by the shedding of innocent blood and the denying of the Holy Ghost." I turned to my family right after that and said, "And that's the part of his talk that will ignite controversy this year." Anyone looking for a clear-cut statement on the Church's stand towards homosexuality, there it is.

I also got a chance this weekend to scan a few more of my mission pictures onto the computer. Some of them are now added to my Mission Pictures album on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment