Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Preschool Grad...and more!

Okay so it has been awhile since the last post, and there are a few things that are worth mentioning. Let's start with Preschool Graduation. While this may seem like a lame concept to most of you, but it was very exciting for Liz.

Brad and I were excited because it was a perfect excuse for family to come for a visit. For some reason, they think that "just because" is not enough reason to drive and see us.(In case you missed it, you don't need a reason for a visit, just come anytime!) We were right, my parents, and Brad's Mom came down for it. I think Liz was just as excited to have her grandparents here as she was to actually graduate. They gave awards with the "diploma." Liz got the "Dramatic Play Award." If you ever talk to her you know that she has quite the imagination. She loves playing make believe, and that is what her teachers noticed most.
When all the family left the next day, she went with them. I had finals all the next week, so we thought it would be a little easier if she went for a visit to grandma's house. She spent the week playing with her cousins, and the dogs. She loved it. It was also nice for us because then Brad was able to work his normal schedule instead of taking time off so I could take my tests. Not to mention, it was really quiet during the day so I had time to study. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting her stay with you guys. We really did miss her though, and it was really nice to have her back home.
A few days later we noticed something. She had a really loose tooth! She got up the next morning, and held out her hand to me. She said "Mom, here is my tooth!" That's right, none of those horror stories of one of us holding her while the other one yanked it out. She took it out herself. She was excited to put the tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy, but the next morning she had forgotten all about it. We had to remind her to check and see if the tooth fairy had been there.

She is so proud of the hole in her mouth. A few days after she lost it, Brad's sister got married. We are so excited for them. It was a great day. With Liz being so proud of the hole in her mouth, I'm sure there were some interesting pictures. (Sorry Jennie and Peter) It was also Mothers' Day weekend so we were able to talk to Brad's brother who is on a mission. I can't believe that he will be home in less than 6 months. Liz is pretty excited for that too. It has been nice to be able to spend so much time with family lately.

2 comments:

  1. Alissa has preschool graduation next week, and she is exstatic, so no lameness here, we love preschool graduation! I still can't believe she lost a tooth, how much did she get from the toothfairy? Mentioning the wedding made me remember, how was the bridal shower. We talked to my brother Trevor on mothers day too, just kept us laughing and laughing, great thing to add to mothers day hu? Hope I catch you on fb, because I guess i have lots to talk to you about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little girl is not so little anymore. I can't believe how fast they grow. She is so cute and will be a heart breaker to those boys in a few years. Sounds like thing are going well for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete